Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

The Panther A project 1/6 Scale

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

The Panther A project 1/6 Scale

Old 03-28-2017, 01:29 PM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default The Panther A project 1/6 Scale

I received my Panther today, all boxes have been unpacked and checked but it may be a few weeks before I even start the build.
Old 03-28-2017, 01:30 PM
Rustytrax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My lord...
Old 03-28-2017, 01:44 PM
Old MSgt

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

GREAT MARK!!!! Looking forward to the threads of both YOU and JARLATH building'em!!!!

BACK TO BACK ENTERTAINMENT!!!

Mike
Old 03-28-2017, 02:07 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

I'm totally green with envy.

Watching you build this will be almost as good as building one of my own. Well, not even close (I want a 1/6 tank pretty bad) but very, very cool nonetheless.

Do you have any news about Armortek? Have they found a buyer? What do you think would happen if it got moved to the US? Do you think that would kill the British market for future releases? Do you think it would significantly boost US sales if they didn't have to pay that awful international shipping? With the company for sale I would imagine they aren't planning any more tank runs until the new owners put something together, would you agree? Sorry for the quiz, but inquiring minds wanna know!

Congrats on a great acquisition, my friend, I don't think that special kit could possibly be in better hands than yours.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:11 PM
armornut

I'm totally envious my friend. Rwally the only regret I have is selling my jagedpanther from them.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:47 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

We will live through you on this one for sure!
Old 03-28-2017, 10:31 PM
rivetcounter

Mike, I have to complete the 222 first before I start on the Panther, but I know which tank from which unit I will build and there will be one or two modifications.

Cruis, if you want a 1/6 tank start saving you will be surprised how quick you can get the cash.

To be honest I don’t know who or where any potential buyers come from only time will tell, if the new buyer is in the US it could well kill off any British buyers with postal charges and import duty charged at 20% plus a handling fee I suspect this would add another 35-40% on top of the kit price, they could also go to Europe, but I have no idea.

As for future developments I would imagine they won’t lie dormant as it will make the company less attractive so I would imagine they have some kind of development going on in the background.

I also would like to know the future of the company I dare say we will find out in a few months.

Armornut, you can always buy another Armortek to keep you busy.

Panther F, there are plans for this, I already have a number of detail parts.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:01 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Hey Mark, I'm working hard on the project and my projected ready date is around January. Then I'll have to find one!! But, to keep in practice I look all the time, just to keep up with the market.

Do you think you'll get as detailed on the Panther as you did on your Tiger One? That's a true masterpiece. I don't think I'll ever again look at an RC tank without mentally comparing it to your T1.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:12 PM
rivetcounter

Crius, only time will tell what I do with the Panther, there are plans to incorporate some new features not done before but at the end of the day I’m only setting out to build a reasonable representation of a Panther A.

I do miss the Tiger, at the time it was time to move to another tank even though I still regret selling it.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:46 AM
karel47

he mark nice buy
i read on btb armortek have found a new owner , much more i could not read it came from droop

yes you're tiger I was very well detailed, was a joy to see it performing and afterwards look at it

Last edited by karel47; 03-30-2017 at 10:49 AM.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:01 AM
rivetcounter

Hi Karel, I hope you are well yes it was sad to see the Tiger go but in the coming months the Panther will start, as you know this Panther has been a long time coming, I still haven’t arranged anything for meetings in Germany with RAG, in the coming weeks I will have to make some arrangements.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:42 AM
karel47

hope to see you at stahl zum Heide begin september , i will be there

maybe i take another one too were i not been too , must look with andreas wich one