Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Binding Delta 8 to an Aurora 9

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 04:25 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Binding Delta 8 to an Aurora 9

Does anyone know the secret to binding a FrSky Delta 8 receiver to a Hitec Aurora 9 transmitter? I have been unable to make that happen.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:44 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Different 2.4GHz manufacturers use different signal protocols. That's one problem with buying cheap, Chinese products.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:46 AM
JollyPopper

The Delta 8 is a FrSky product. I've been using FrSky receivers with my Futaba radios forever and have never had a single glitch with them. Then I picked up a Hitec Aurora 9 radio and ran across the Delta 8 which is supposed to be compatible with the Hitec A FHSS protocol. So I bought one and a friend gave me one. Problem is, I can;t get either of them to bind with the Aurora 9 transmitter. Does anyone know the secret to how to get this done? I have a hard time believing that FrSky would market this thing as being compatible with Hitec and then it not work.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:32 AM
Xpress

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My best guess is to make sure your Aurora 9 is in the Minima linking mode (blue flashing LED).
Old 08-24-2016, 01:52 PM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

RG I have a number of these Rx's and they have never failed me. They in large expensive gassers..........I obtain mine from Aloft Hobbies. (about all of our radio gear is Chinese in case you haven't recently checked)
The Tx should be turned on with the binding button pushed down for red push it again for blue.There is a little trick in binding, make sure the button is fully down on the RX and move it around a little while doing so, it will happen. The enclosed instructions are fairly clear ,the rx will show red, so push the button again then the Rx which should show green, turn off RX then Tx and you should be bound. Make sure the Tx screen is on transmit while doing this operation.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:00 PM
JollyPopper

Gizmo, it sounds like you've been there, done this, so let me as you a couple questions. When I first pick the transmitter up, what button do I push first? The button on the back of the module or the on/off button on the transmitter? And exactly where in this sequence do I change the transmitter from program mode to transmit mode? In other words, what is the exact sequence of actions before I go to the receiver bind button?
Old 08-25-2016, 04:59 AM
Gizmo-RCU

Starting with the Tx, push and hold the bind button on the mod., holding it down turn on the Tx. switch and and Tx. feature on the screen still holding the button down (a little awkward) this will bring up a red light, push the button again and this should bring up the Blue light blinking. The Tx. is ready. Do the same with the RX, holding down the button with any small rigid object, you will have a red, push again and a green light will appear.............Reverse by turning off the Rx first then Tx, you should be bound. Sometimes it takes several tries on the Rx but once bound they work well...........
Hope this helps?
Old 08-25-2016, 06:39 AM
Xpress

In order to get into linking mode on our spectra 2.4 modules, you need to push and hold the link button in on the module, turn the transmitter on, push YES to transmit, then release the link button. Default is Optima link mode (red flashing LED), if it is in this mode then you need to change it to Minima linking mode (blue flashing LED) by pressing and holding the link button on the Spectra 2.4 module for 2 seconds. If it does not change to flashing blue then you may have older firmware on the module and will need to update it to 3.01.

When the receiver links to the module it should go solid blue with a flashing red LED.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:57 AM
hsukaria

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fellas, I have been running FrSky Rxs (Delta 8 and the Hitec-purpose version) with no binding issues or any other problem for that matter for a few years now. What you need to do is to update the Tx module firmware by downloading the latest version of Minima software from the Hitec website. You will need the HP-22 (I think that is the name of the gizmo) to do this. Basically it is a little module that looks like a Rx with a USB cable to the computer and then a connection to the Tx module. Hitec updated their Tx's some time ago to run their own Minima Rx's with the updated firmware. The FrSky Rx's run with the later version of the Hitec firmware.

There are no incompatibility issues, but software update is required.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:08 AM
JollyPopper

WOW!!! Thank you, gentlemen. I think we are getting someplace now. My transmitter is an older model that received very little use before the previous owner decided to part with it. It did come with the HP 22 update(?) module, but I don;t know how to use it. It has three ports, 1, 2 and 3 to plug into and I don't know if all are used in some sequence or just what. I will check my manual and see if the procedure is covered there.

I really appreciate you guys in the last half dozen or so posts. I really believe we are going to get this done. Thanks

But stay tuned. I am pretty computer stupid and may have to pick more brains before we get there.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:47 AM
Xpress

Originally Posted by JollyPopper
WOW!!! Thank you, gentlemen. I think we are getting someplace now. My transmitter is an older model that received very little use before the previous owner decided to part with it. It did come with the HP 22 update(?) module, but I don;t know how to use it. It has three ports, 1, 2 and 3 to plug into and I don't know if all are used in some sequence or just what. I will check my manual and see if the procedure is covered there.

I really appreciate you guys in the last half dozen or so posts. I really believe we are going to get this done. Thanks

But stay tuned. I am pretty computer stupid and may have to pick more brains before we get there.
Download the HPP-22 software onto your computer and plug your HPP-22 into the computer. The software will show you exactly what to do, FYI ports P2 and P3 are almost never used anymore.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:52 AM
hsukaria

Originally Posted by JollyPopper

No problem. A good start is to get to the Hitec website. And I'm sure their tech support will help you out if we can't.

There is a bewildering list of firmware updates on their website. A lot more since I did my update. You probably will want to confirm with Hitec if this is the correct update: http://hitecrcd.com/support/firmware-software-updates

I believe you want this version SPECTRA 2.4GHz ver.3.01(0) Firmware Update

HPP-22 VERSION 1.10(0) 6/2011

1. Telemetry monitoring display functions and firmware update functions are now separate
    • Firmware update function: Select "Update / Setting" category
    • Telemetry monitoring display: Push "HTS-CC(Hitec Telemetry System - Command Center)" Icon
  2. New HTS-NAVI (Wireless telemetry receiver) has been added to the HTS-CC
  3. SPECTRA 2.4GHz ver.3.01(0) Firmware Update
    • Improved scan mode to make it easier to use
    • Added compatibility for Hitec's non-telemetry 2.4GHz receivers (Minima)
    • Improved LED indicator error after Scan is done
    • Version 3.01 Manual

Sorry, it might be that this is for the transmitter module. I don't know if Aurora 9 uses an external module or internal, I believe it is external?
Old 08-25-2016, 02:51 PM
JollyPopper

Yes, their website is very confusing. I went there and did not know exactly what to try to download into my transmitter, but fortunately, it is working well now. I hope it continues to hold the download. The fifteen or so FrSky receivers I am using with my Futaba radio never lose bind, and I am hoping it is so with the Delta 8 receivers as well. I am really impressed with that radio.
Old 08-25-2016, 04:45 PM
Gizmo-RCU

It's a really good radio and yes mine is updated!
Old 08-25-2016, 05:05 PM
hsukaria

Once programmed, you won't lose the update. The Delta 8 actually binds more easily to Hitec than Futaba if you read the reviews in Aloft Hobbies. If it is working with Futaba Rxs, then you can make it work for Hitec for sure.
Old 08-26-2016, 06:30 AM
Gizmo-RCU

Xpress obviously works for Hitec and here he is helping a consumer use someone else's product. That is typical of Hitec's folks...........they have always treated me well over a lot of years.
Old 08-26-2016, 06:58 AM
hsukaria

Originally Posted by Gizmo-RCU
Xpress obviously works for Hitec and here he is helping a consumer use someone else's product. That is typical of Hitec's folks...........they have always treated me well over a lot of years.
I agree.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:33 AM
JollyPopper

I noticed that too but wasn't sure if it was prudent to mention it here, I was impressed very favorably by that gesture. Kudos to Xpress and Hitec if they are ok with that. It certainly goes a long ways towards making me want to continue my association with Hitec. I have not been so favorably impressed with the reps of one of the other big four..
Old 08-29-2016, 09:52 AM
Xpress

We are here to help you as best as we can. Obviously we can't venture too far outside of our territory in regards to Hitec products but we will do the best we can and we appreciate the feedback.

As far as the Aurora 9, the transmitter contains a separate module (like mentioned) that can be removed. Both the transmitter and the module have separate updates, the Aurora 9's current firmware version is V1.09 and the Spectra 2.4 module is V3.01. The website lists all of the updates for the HPP-22 and what each of the update adds, but if you are wondering what current updates there are for each of the individual products then that particular products web page will tell you what the current versions are.

For example, the HPP-22 webpage:
http://hitecrcd.com/products/aircraf...face-2/product

Under 'Firmware Updates' it will tell you the entire log history for the HPP-22 and subsequent devices that have had updates added. The current firmware will be at the top (in this case it's V1.19(0)).

If you go to the Aurora 9's web page:
http://hitecrcd.com/products/aircraf...-radio/product

You can see the individual updates for the Aurora 9 itself. Currently, it is at V1.09(0).

As always, if you ever need assistance in regards to Hitec or Multiplex products then please feel free to reach out to us, we are always more than willing to help out.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:39 AM
JollyPopper

That is just absolutely awesome.

There is one question that has occurred to me and that is: is there a way to check the transmitter and see what version is currently on it? I suppose mine has 3.01 on it because the Delta 8 receivers bound to it, but is there a provision in the radio to look and see what is there?
Old 08-29-2016, 03:21 PM
Xpress

You can check Transmitter firmware by going to the System menu then into INFO.

Spectra modules can only be checked by plugging it into the HPP-22. Or by checking to see if the module will go into Minima linking mode (blue LED).
Old 08-29-2016, 10:22 PM
JollyPopper

Thanks Xpress. I really appreciate your help.. Really like your Aurora 9 radio also. Keep up the good work.
Old 08-30-2016, 08:25 AM
Gizmo-RCU

A buddy and I jointly own the HPP-22 as I have a MAC and he has Apple......... works well as we both have the A9. Periodic checks for updates are all that is needed. (I usually program his stuff)
I couldn't be more happy with my Hitec equipment and support, Wish they had a 12 channel on the 9x format, would be real handy for some of my applications.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:40 AM
JollyPopper

Are there instructions somewhere for using the HPP-22? I have one but I have no idea how to use it. Many times there is a certain order in which wires are hooked up and buttons pushed in order to achieve the desired result and I have no clue about the HPP-22.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:21 PM
Gizmo-RCU

Jolly,
See if you can download it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.